The Samsung Galaxy Note® 10.1 (Wi-Fi) software update is now available. Here’s a look at
the new features and enhancements—including Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean—that will
make your Galaxy Note 10.1 even better.
How to Update Your Galaxy Note 10.1 (Wi-Fi)
Galaxy Note 10.1 is the best tablet to bring you from your office to your living room, or to use when your living room becomes your office. The new Galaxy Note 10.1 update will enhance your favorite features, and offer even more. Galaxy Note 10.1 owners can also now enjoy the new features available in Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, the latest version of Android. The updates are available over-the-air (wirelessly) or through Kies (connected to your PC via a USB cable), depending on your carrier. Learn how to update your Galaxy Note 10.1.
Complete Multiple Tasks Quickly and Easily
The Galaxy Note 10.1 is a great tool for common business activities, such as taking notes, checking email, and browsing the web. In order to be productive on the PC, we often open multiple programs side-by-side or use two monitors. Multi Window affords you that same capability right on your tablet.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 update extends the Multi Window capability beyond Dual View. With Dual View, you can open two different applications side-by-side, to perform two tasks at once, such as checking email while drafting notes. Need to incorporate important feedback from an email into a report? You can easily transfer information from one application to another by simply cutting and pasting.
Now, with the enhanced Multi Window and Cascade View, you can easily open and resize multiple apps, then view them across the screen layered on top of each other. This is especially useful when bouncing back and forth between multiple tasks, such as when you are checking email, researching information on the web, and scheduling something within the calendar while chatting with a friend. What’s more is that you can even pin an app in Cascade View so that it will always stay on top.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 was designed to help you get more done. With the convenience of the new Air View™ feature, you can access previews of content without actually having to open it. It’s easy. Simply use the S Pen™ to hover across the screen to access the different preview capabilities.
Today, when you are watching a video, you can scrub across the video to rapidly fast forward to different scenes. Although this is easy, you often find that you end up at the wrong scene. With Air View, you can actually preview a screenshot of the scene while you are scrubbing, so you’ll always open to the right scene and never miss your favorite moment.
The 5.0-megapixel camera on the Galaxy Note 10.1 takes amazing pictures, so it’s easy to end up with many photos and albums in the gallery. With Air View, you can simply hold the S Pen over the album, and see a preview of all the photos inside.
Want to quickly scan all your emails? Preview them with Air View—see the subject line, body of the message and even attachments. You no longer have to open the email and attachments to know what they are, just hover the S Pen over the attachment icon and you’ll see a preview of the files with an icon and title for each one.
Air View does more than offer previews. You can also hover the S Pen above the screen to auto scroll. When you’re viewing a web page, email, document, or anything that requires scrolling, simply hover the S Pen over the edge of the screen, and your content will automatically scroll.
Do More with the S Pen
The S Pen is the perfect tool for jotting notes, personalizing emails, creating works of art, or just doodling. The Galaxy Note 10.1 update packs even more functionality into the S Pen, so you’ll never put it down.
Do you think you’re an advanced user? Are you a keyboard shortcut fiend? If so, you’ll love the new Quick Command feature. With Quick Command, the S Pen quickly activates applications and services that are used most often by allowing you to write command shortcuts using customized and preset S Pen strokes. Want to search the internet? Simply write a question mark and the keyword. Discover great shortcuts and even create your own.
Do you remember the days of cutting things out of magazines and newspapers and taping the cutouts together? With Easy Clip, you can piece your favorite content together and share it in seconds. Simply cut out an image by drawing a closed shape around the area you want while pressing the S Pen button. The onscreen content is instantly selected so you can send it to your contacts or paste it into a document or email. We’ve applied that same convenience to text. Easy Clip makes it even easier to copy and paste text on your tablet. To select text, tap and drag the S Pen across the text you want to select while pressing the S Pen button.
Here are a few new S Pen Tricks:
- Now, you can write directly on your emails, send a handwritten note or sign every email with your signature.
- Is there a big event coming up? Circle it or mark it in any way directly on your calendar. Write tasks directly on the S Planner calendar, just like you would on any ordinary paper calendar. (Monthly view only)
- Unlock and wake up your Galaxy Note 10.1 simply by removing the S Pen. When you pull out your S Pen, the screen wakes up unlocked with and ready to perform your intended task (open shortcut or S Pen apps).
Here are a few new S Note Tricks:
- With the S Note widget, keep track of your notes and create new ones, directly from the home screen.
- The Galaxy Note 10.1’s beautiful display may be just as comfortable to hold in landscape as it is in portrait. With the new update, you can draw on a wider canvas using S Note in landscape mode.
- Are you learning to draw, or do you just want to make it appear as though your sketch is happening automatically? Now, you can actually record your sketching in S Note. Then you can play it back and watch every stroke.
Experience Android 4.1, Jelly Bean and More
With the update to your Galaxy Note 10.1, you’ll gain access to the newest version of the Android platform—Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. With the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet—everything feels fast, fluid and smooth.
- Smooth Transitions: Moving between home screens and switching between apps feels effortless, like turning pages of a book.
- Expandable, Actionable Notification: Get an even deeper look into the things that matter most and start a task directly from the notifications view.
- Auto Placing Widget: Place widgets on the screen—others are automatically replaced.
Enhanced User Experience
New features available with the update are optimized for a 10.1" screen.
- Samsung Gallery: Now, you can view your gallery in three different view modes—timeline view, grid view, spiral view. In the grid view, a navigation bar at the left lets you easily switch between albums.
- My Files: Manage your images, videos, music, documents and custom categories separately.
- Internet: Slide your thumb from the left or right edge to zoom in and out.
- Paper Artist: Turn every photo into a work of art. Paper Artist is full of cool effects and filters.
Screen images simulated. Appearance of device may vary. Not all applications support Multi Window. Samsung, Galaxy Note, Air View and S Pen are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks.
The above content is provided for information purposes only. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the above content.