Phone? Tablet? Best of both. The Samsung Galaxy Note™ II enables unique experiences in personalized and expressive content creation with its superb viewing experience, enhanced S Pen™ functionality and
fine-tuned multitasking capabilities, making it the ultimate smartphone for on-the-go creativity.
Ready to buy? Find the Galaxy Note II at:
Power and Performance
Galaxy Note II marks the U.S. debut of Samsung’s Exynos™ 1.6 GHz quad-core processor optimized for LTE networks. It has 2GB of internal RAM; and comes with 16GB of onboard file storage and supports up to 64GB of additional memory with a microSD® card. Collectively, these deliver easy multitasking, lightning-fast screen transitions, powerful browser performance and minimal app load time.
The Galaxy Note II is the first Samsung smartphones to launch with Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean, which brings stunning graphical capabilities and an upgraded Google Now service, including new features such as contextual search. It is also a SAFE-designated device, which means it has additional security features to safe-guard sensitive data and communications.
The Galaxy Note II has a 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED™ touchscreen with 16:9 aspect ratio, the standard for true HD video viewing, and comes with a 3,100 mAh battery, which is 24 percent larger than the original Galaxy Note.
Despite the much larger battery, the device weighs slightly less than the original Galaxy Note. As a result of a narrower bezel on all four sides of the screen, the screen is larger but the overall device is narrower. The Galaxy Note II is available in Marble White and Titanium Gray color options.
Create and Collaborate
At the heart of the Galaxy Note II and the ability to create and collaborate is the S Pen™, which has been ergonomically redesigned to provide a more precise and natural writing and drawing experience. The new S Pen can sense 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity, four times more than the original S Pen.
When the new S Pen is removed from the Galaxy Note II, it automatically launches the S Pen menu, which opens a new home screen that allows one-touch access to most-used S Pen applications. Keeping track of the S Pen is simple now too because a visual and audible alarm appears if you forget to put the S Pen back inside the device.
The S Pen’s advanced features provide the ability to capture ideas, inspiration and information instantly, and to combine handwriting with any digital content directly on the screen, such as adding new calendar appointments by writing the event details directly on the day of the week, signing or adding handwritten notes to an email.
Selecting and cropping text, images or other content on the Galaxy Note II with the S Pen is very similar to a traditional "click-mouse" experience. When the S Pen’s side button is pressed down, the S Pen recognizes that you want to clip or edit the selected content on the screen. You can draw precise lines around the content to be cropped out, highlighted or copied into another application.
Key applications of the S Pen include:
- Easy Clip feature allows you to instantly outline and crop any content on the screen in any shape to save, share or paste. Once done cropping the image, you can freely edit the cropped content through coloring, shading or their own personal handwriting.
- Air View allows you to hover with the S Pen over an email, calendar entry, image gallery or video to preview the content without having to open it or wait for screen transitions. This feature also enables you to preview Web site content without opening the full site. Air View provides a title description for unrecognizable icons in various applications.
- Quick Command, the S Pen quickly activates applications and services people use most often. The command pad appears with one upward swipe on the screen with the S Pen button pressed down. You can send an email, make a call or search a location with pre-registered and customized S Pen strokes marks made on the command pad.
- Idea Sketch allows you to easily add illustrations by handwriting keywords on the S Note. It provides illustration images that match the handwritten keywords. It’s a fancy illustration match function that will allow you to express, organize and visualize ideas in a more innovative and creative way. You can even customize and add in their own illustrations library.
Multitask and Share
The Galaxy Note II takes multitasking to the next level by enabling consumers to launch multiple windows on one screen, including high definition video. Multitasking features include:
- Popup Note lets you open an S Note instantly as a pop-up window to jot down a quick note during a phone call, checking email or watching a video.
- Popup Video extends the concept of ‘Popup Play.’ While watching a video, with the touch of a button, the video will become a floating window on the display. The video will continue to play and it can be re-sized or repositioned to any part of the Galaxy Note II’s screen. This versatility means that you are free to load other applications beneath it to browse online or work in other apps such as email, calendar or text messaging.
- Popup Browser launches a new browser window when you click on a link embedded in an email.
The Galaxy Note II contains many of the popular, real-life content sharing features introduced in June on the Samsung Galaxy S III including:
- S Beam: Tap back of Galaxy Note II against another S-Beam-enabled device to share large video files, documents or S Notes in seconds without using data service.
- Share Shot: Seamlessly share pictures taken with Galaxy Note II’s 8 megapixel camera to other phones from up to 200 feet away.
- Burst Shot/Best Shot: Capture rapid-fire still pictures with zero shutter lag; choose picture with optimal colors, lighting and clarity from Best Shot image recommendations.
- AllShare Play™ and Group Play™: Both have been expanded on the Galaxy Note II. Share premium video content, mobile games and movies and TV shows from Samsung Media Hub wirelessly with Samsung Smart TVs, laptops, tablets and other consumer electronics.
Customize and Accessorize
- Protective Flip Cover: Samsung’s unique flip cover enhances the look of the Galaxy Note II with a premium front and glossy backing, while providing privacy and protection. The Protective Flip Cover comes in seven vibrant colors to customize the Galaxy Note II, including Titanium Gray, Marble White, Blue, Pink, Mint, Lime Green and Orange.
- S Pen with Eraser: This ergonomic, full-featured S Pen features a button for gestures and an eraser tip for easy corrections. This updated version of Samsung’s original S Pen truly mimics the feel of a pen or pencil.
*4G LTE when used in relation to the Galaxy Note II refers to the fact that the device can operate on the relevant carrier’s LTE network.
Screen images simulated. Appearance of device may vary. Samsung, Galaxy, Note, Exynos, AllShare, S Pen and HD Super AMOLED are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks.
The above content is provided for information purposes only. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the above content.
SAFE Disclaimer of Warranties
To the full extent permitted by law, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.., Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, and its affiliates (collectively referred to herein as "Samsung") expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to information technology security protection and SAFE™ certified devices. In no event shall Samsung be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to information technology security protection and SAFE™ certified devices. Enterprise IT security protection will be effected by features or functionality associated with the E-Mail Platform, MDM and VPN solutions selected by customer. Choice of an e-mail, master data management, and virtual private network solution is at the sole discretion of the software provider, solution provider or user and any associated effect on information technology security protection is solely the responsibility of the software provider, solution provider or user.