Byrnes and Rupkey
Our machining client in Waterloo, IA is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager that will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and improving Quality Assurance processes designed to ensure and continuously improve production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties.
- Support coordinator and development of quality objectives and support strategic plans.
- Support workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Work closely with Operations, Support staff, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance staff to develop recommendations for long-term resolution. Continually striving to improve overall efficiency of quality management.
- Serve as an advocate for customers for all matters regarding quality requirements and performance.
- Make sure product is manufactured to specifications by monitoring gage calibration and following procedures and work instructions per QMS.
- Coordinate the production of jobs by being able to write and audit procedures/work instructions affecting the company including ISO.
- Train employees in SOPs and ensure training effectiveness.
- Support Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement activities including leading Kaizen events.
- Oversee Quality Management System.
- Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years experience in the Quality Assurance field.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Machining parts experience.
- Six Sigma Black Belt highly preferred, will consider a Green Belt Certification.
- Must be passionate about Quality
- Strong continuous improvement/Lean background and ability to lead Kaizen events.