Pre-loaded with Windows® Phone 7.5, Mango, the Samsung Focus™ S features a number of enhancements that provide a unique mobile experience. From accessing visual search to multitasking in Mango, our useful tips and tricks will help you discover what your smartphone can do.
Using Voice Commands: Find new places and complete phone tasks with minimal typing by using Voice Commands.
1. To launch Voice Commands, touch and hold Start.
2. Touch Speak and begin the command. For instance, say, “Find pizza in Denver” or "Open Calendar."
3. Touch Go to begin the search.
4. On subsequent uses of Voice Commands, begin speaking as soon as the Voice Commands window pops up.
Using the Me Tile: The Me tile is activated on the Start screen when you connect your Windows Live® account to the phone. Once the tile is available, you can add a photo, share a quick message and integrate with Windows Live news and updates, as well as Facebook® updates.
Using Visual Search: Within Bing®, touch the Vision icon and then scan a book, CD, DVD, or barcode to search for a product online. Bing Vision also allows you to translate scanned text.
Windows Live ID: The single sign-in service that is Windows Live ID offers access to Windows Live sites and services, as well as the ability to download apps from Windows® Marketplace. If you use Hotmail®, Xbox LIVE® or Zune® Pass, they already have a Windows Live ID.
Camera and Camcorder Features
LED Flash on Rear-facing Camera: You may select the convenient Auto mode and let the camera’s internal light meter determine when to use the flash, or you may choose for it to remain on, or off, all the time.
Advanced Camera Features: The Samsung Focus™ S includes features that aren’t typically found on most mobile handset cameras, such as a flash and auto focus, as well as…
• Wide Dynamic Range: Provides more balanced pictures – bright areas are less washed-out and dark areas are more detailed – in settings with backlighting or a combination of bright lights and dark shadows
• Anti-shake: Reduces blurry images caused by slower shutter speeds in low-light settings
• Sharpness: Controls how crisp edges appear in photos
• Saturation: Controls how muted or vivid colors appear
• Contrast: Offers control for increasing and decreasing the contrast between black and white in a photo, and is especially helpful when shooting tone-on-tone subjects, such as a snow scene or a bridal gown
• Exposure Compensation (EV): Allows for fine-tuning the camera’s internal light meter to brighten or darken photos
Windows® Phone OS 7.5 (Mango)
Hub and App Menus: Options such as settings and save (for documents) often are hidden in the bar at the bottom of the screen. Whenever the icon ••• appears in the bottom bar, touch it to access additional options for the hub or app. If the icon ••• doesn’t appear, touch and hold the screen or item to see if any pop-up options are available for it. For instance, while in Xbox LIVE®, touch and hold any page to find the Refresh option.
Multi-tasking in Mango: You can run multiple apps in the background—so, for example, listening to music can happen concurrently with browsing the web. Simply press and hold the Back softkey to navigate to the Task Switcher to manage apps that are running.
Bing® Voice Search: Search isn’t just limited to visual scans. If you hear a song you can’t identify, access the Music Search function within the Bing toolbar. The device will “listen” to the song, and then provide search results that enable you to purchase and download the song or album.
Local Scout: Local Scout allows you to familiarize yourself with an area through recommended hotspots, restaurants, and stores. To take advantage of Local Scout: Touch the Search softkey. Touch the Scout icon. Swipe through the results.
Screen images simulated. Appearance of device may vary. Some features may not be available in all areas. Microsoft, Windows, and the Windows logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Other product and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
The above content is provided for information purposes only. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the above content.